Based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hands! (It's a card game)
Can you sell a lie? These French Fries Are Terrible Hot Dogs is a card game where you must convince others that your card is the best hot dog, hat, or other object, even if it means stretching the truth.
The title of the game originated during a gathering at a local food and drink establishment which happened to sell pierogies. Someone ordered a plate and, unfortunately, quickly came to the conclusion that the pierogies were very underwhelming. Instead of casting them aside, another person decided to take the pierogies as their own. The second owner of the pierogies declared that they weren't as bad as they were made out to be, to which the first person replied: "Well, if you told me that this was a potato based dish, I would say that they are okay, but if you told me they were pierogies, I would say that they're awful." Another party then chimed in saying: "Yeah, that makes sense. If someone gave you french fries, and told you 'Here, have some hot dogs!', you may try them and say 'These french fries are terrible hot dogs!'" Finally, one other person said: "That needs to be made into a game."
- Themed decks, such as the Animal Deck, the Food Deck, and the optional Adult Deck
- Show your friends you can trick them into believing that hot dogs are legs, or a hippo is a bridge.
- Plenty of laughs and awkward moments
- Tons of different game modes! Tweak the standard rules, or invent your own way to play
These French Fries Are Terrible Hot DogsYouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Game of the Year - Philly Geek Awards" August 16th 2014
- "Indie MEGABOOTH - PAX Prime 2014" August 29th 2014
- "The Ars indie showcase: 30 games to watch in 2014" Ars Technica - May 5th 2014
- "Indie MEGABOOTH - PAX East 2014" April 11th 2014
- "IndieCade 2013 Official Selection" IndieCade 2013, 3 October 2013
- "Boston Festival of Indie Games Tabletop selection" Boston FIG, 14 September 2013
- "Game of the Year - Philly Geek Awards"
- , Geekadelphia
The Ars indie showcase: 30 games to watch in 2014
Ars Technica arstechnica.com.
All About Tabletop Games at PAX East 2014
Indie Talebtop Space escapistmagazine.com.
'These French Fries are Terrible Hot Dogs' & 5 Other Awesome Games at Boston FIG
6 Awesome Games at Boston Fig bostinno.streetwise.co.
Terrible Hot Dogs at Boston FIG
Terrible Hot Dogs among table top games at the Boston Festival of Indie Games: origaminc.com.
OriGaminc is the work of Shawn Pierre, a game dev from Philadelphia.
More information on OriGaminc, our logo & relevant media are available here.
These French Fries Are Terrible Hot Dogs Credits